Thursday, June 20, 2013

Wind

Neither here nor there,
unlike any life form
settled calm,

moving stones, water alike,
the cold, invisible
shapeless, flowing on duty

imposed. Just that.
Every rock directs
journey up, journey down.

I shape them.
I mould them.
I bring them.

I give false pride
to none but reflection-less,
shadowless, weightless.

I cry out - wild, untamed.
My chest harbours a cyclone
choking me with my own

breath. I regret.
You shut the windows
in horror, o indifferent!

It doesn't matter.
You are none, to me.
Neither here nor there.

Neither at the place
you call home.
I do not have one.

I elope with forgery
at 11 of the night.
He gives me a face-lift

and promises a wine
for my crumbling grip.
I accept.

Even the devil that's in
the rules, the dog-tags,
the desk-chair. I accept.

I travel across
borders in search
of white.

I start then pause
then start again,
slow then fast

then slow again, I move
move like a headless
ghost. Move in search.

I travel a lot.
My body aches.
You futile pain!

Do not trace my path
o seer! I have no
place to rest.

If you find me
in the tunnels of malls,
know that it's a slow death.

Then there's the garage
and the hookah 
who poison my lungs.

So do the sweet
expensive fragrance.
They replace.

No where there's safe
for my jewellery.
Homeless. I am wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment