Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Scarlet Story


Just found a dead rose in my garden
Turning brown and pale in the heat
It lost its essence and mesmerizing beauty
As its own plant was found to be a cheat.

I picked up that rose with great care
And kept between the pages of my diary
It is a reminiscence of those caring days
Of the sweet fragrance and scarlet story.

The next day when I was watering the plant
It told me in grief and repent that it was sorry
But I explained to it that its too late
It cannot bring back the lost glory.

So it wept for a day 
And then regained its position
Decided not to be a cheat in life again
It promised itself to respect vows and relation.

Dead or alive
The strange relation will always survive.

4 comments:

  1. Tells a lot about a broken heart of a lover. But this will go on every day a new plant will take oath of being honest..... but only after leaving yet another rose faint n pale....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. You are right. It goes on about every day. Its more on the lines of breaking promises intentionally or unintentionally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care, White.



    TD

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I want to tell you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete