Sunday, November 2, 2008

Mistake


He knocked the door that day
And merrily I opened it
Asking me to come away, he handed over to me a chit
Written in it was a short dictum:

"Your time has come
You have to get ready
For yet another journey
A journey to the lands
Where everybody eventually goes
Last good-byes and shake-hands
To your friends and foes."

I starred at him reluctantly
Then turned my back and was left aghast
To watch myself breathe hardly
I understood that the day was last.
I saw myself struggling
So violently moving
My fingers were stiff and eyes turned red
As I jostled for my life on my death bed.
Down on the floor
Was empty venom bottle
God! I took the risk once more
Forgetting – I'm merely mortal!
And when I thought- I don't want to die
He pulled me hard and made me cry.
I shed tears and yelled and screamed
But no one came to rescue me.
I remembered my loved ones who cared for me
Clouds of sadness on raining spree
I broke all their promises
Like waves crushing in the sea.

And my soul started another journey
As I closed my eyes and on death bed I died
I still have a wish amongst the many:
I wish I had not committed suicide!

No comments:

Post a Comment